Hello readers! Welcome back to another Food Space Asia recipe. Today, we will be sharing with you our tasty vegan pesto sauce.
The easiest vegan pesto in less than 10 minutes! It is cheesy and flavourful despite being dairy-free. It’s the perfect plant-based spread for Italian dishes and more!
For this Pesto Sauce, you need:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil (stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts or walnuts (if nut-free, try sunflower seeds!)
- 3 large cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-6 Tbsp water (plus more as needed)
Add the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt into a food processor and blend on high until a loose paste forms.
Add the olive oil a little at a time and scrape down sides as needed. Then add 1 Tbsp water until the desired consistency is reached – a thick but pourable sauce. Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more nutritional yeast for cheesy flavour or salt for overall flavour.
You can now enjoy your a vegan pesto sauce! It is the perfect recipe to sauces, dressings, breads, and more!
Hope you enjoy it and do share with us on our Instagram on what you would like to see on our next recipe! See ya..